Application Design and Development Services (ADDS)
The framework is a multi-supplier agreement. Organisations can use the framework to run mini competitions or a direct award option for contracts awarded via the framework to deliver a diverse range of application services from design through to deployment and support.
For the purpose of this framework 'application(s)' means a computer programme designed to perform functionality, tasks or activities that sit within a web portal, users' desktop or mobile platform.
What is in scope?
The services that will be delivered under the framework agreement are:
Applications can be delivered for use on a variety of different devices, including both mobile and traditional desktop interfaces. ADDS has taken into consideration the Scottish public sector’s Digital First Strategy and includes the following services:
- Application design and build
- Application testing - including both user and performance testing – for the new application
- Application deployment and integration services for the new application
The optional services listed can only be called off (contracted) from the framework if any of the core services are obtained through the ADDS framework as part of the same call-off (contract) - they cannot be provided independently via this framework.
- Hosting Services – hosting of the new application
- Support and maintenance – of the new application
- Data migration – migrating data from old systems to the new application.
- Security Services – related to the new application.
Suppliers on the framework are able to deliver ICT projects or services using various traditional methodologies. In addition to this, and to primarily support more digitally focussed projects, the suppliers can also deliver using agile delivery methodology.
(More details on agile methodologies can be found in the contractor catalogue on our SharePoint site.)
What is out of scope?
It is not intended that the ADDS framework agreement be used for:
- Support of legacy systems
- Decommissioning of legacy Systems
- Testing services – of existing systems
- Consultancy services – not related to the new application
- Development / implementation of back office (server) database / systems
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- Other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do do. if there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
This national framework will provide the following benefits:
- Maximise efficiency and collaboration through alignment of procurement activity with the Scottish Government’s Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of Public Services, delivery and demonstrating real cash savings, embedding sustainable procurement and improving access to public sector contracts.
- Provides a robust and flexible route to market for Scottish public sector organisations with a need for application design and development services.
- A consistent, easy and quick access to capable and qualified suppliers.
- Avoidance of duplication of procurement activity within the Scottish public sector.
|Current status |
1 August 2016
31 July 2018 (option to extend until 31 July 2020)
|Further details |
Senior Portfolio specialist, ICT services and Software
Tel: 0141 242 5626
ICT Services and Software
Tel: 0141 242 5920
|Further information || |
A buyers guide is available.
If you have any questions regarding the buyer’s guide or any other details of the framework please contact Stuart Brown or Andy Scott.
All other documentation in relation to the use of the Application Design and Development Services Framework can be found on the secure Knowledge Hub site.
To obtain access to Knowledge Hub, please email email@example.com and quote the Application Design and Development Services (ADDS) Framework.
Page updated: Monday, October 02, 2017