Non domestic energy efficiency project support unit: 2020 to 2024
- Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate
- Part of
- Public sector
Guidance for public sector organisations on how to access and use the framework agreement.
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 15 May 2020 to 14 May 2024
Category: Utilities - national
The framework is designed to support public bodies calling off from the NDEE over £1 million projects and NDEE under £1million project frameworks in securing value for money through works and services that will: maximise energy savings, cut fuel bills and reduce carbon emissions in non-domestic public sector buildings in Scotland.
What is in scope
The role of the Non Domestic Energy Efficiency Project Support Unit (NDEE PSU) will be to support users of the NDEE frameworks (NDEE over £1million projects and NDEE under £1million projects) to develop documentation and issue tenders for available services and support framework public bodies through the implementation of their retrofit projects. The NDEE PSU will provide specialist project management, procurement and technical advisors across a range of services, including but not limited energy efficiency services, technical and energy and buildings related services and related procurement support to deliver and/or procure delivery of EnPCs from the NDEE framework across all regions of Scotland including the Highlands and Islands. Core work areas that the NDEE PSU may deliver include:
- Marketing and engagement: ongoing promotion of SG’s NDEE frameworks, establish positive relationships with existing and potential framework public bodies in order to establish a pipeline of projects, facilitate formal sign up to framework services.
- Prepare: assist framework public bodies to determine user specific requirements, develop business cases, support users in considering funding and financing opportunities and most appropriate procurement route.
- Procure: support procurement processes and consider new ways of working that will improve the delivery of the NDEE framework.
- Save: facilitate the successful delivery of the NDEE frameworks call-off contracts and technical quality assurance and guidance associated with these contracts; support the achievement of a high performance of NDEE frameworks.
- Programme support: maintain and develop a range of processes to support the NDEE PSU’s activities; a range of standardised documents and toolkits, and develop and undertake a monitoring framework.
What is out of scope
NDEE projects out with the NDEE over £1million projects and NDEE under £1million frameworks.
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in Annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits of this contract are:
- The NDEE Project Support Unit is critical to the successful delivery of projects through the NDEE framework and therefore directly contributes to the delivery of the average monetary saving, against capital contract value, through the NDEE framework which is c12%. It is forecasted that through the NDEE framework savings in the region of c£2,400,000 per annum, based on an estimated annual spend of £20,000,000, will be delivered.
Sustainability Benefits include:
- improve the environmental comfort of buildings
- increasing sustainable economic growth through promoting the transition to a low carbon economy
- support delivery of The Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009, (Section 63, Energy Performance of Non Domestic Buildings), Scotland’s Energy Strategy and the EES Programme by reducing CO2 output and make savings in carbon reduction commitments (CRC) for authorities
Community and socio-economic benefits:
- NDEE PSU will ensure that all community benefits associated with this framework and the specific pieces of work under the NDEE frameworks (NDEE over £1milion projects and NDEE under £1million projects frameworks) will be delivered as per the terms and conditions of each specific framework.
Fair Work Matters:
- All NDEE PSU staff paid above the Living Wage.
Mott MacDonald Limited
See attached NDEE presentation.
Framework documents, including the associated framework agreement for NDEE PSU can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this site and are eligible to use the framework please complete the attached template and send to Procurement_Utilities@gov.scot.
- File type
- Powerpoint document
- File size
- 4.1 MB
- File type
- 8 page PDF
- File size
- 656.2 kB
- File type
- 129 page PDF
- File size
- 1.4 MB
Senior Portfolio Specialist
Tel: 0141 242 0108
Mobile: 0745 699 654
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback