- 1 Mar 2016
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2024
Category: Utilities - national
Framework to facilitate the implementation of non-domestic energy efficiency (NDEE) over £1 million to the Scottish public sector as in the minimum value of individual projects under an Invitation to Mini Competition (ITMC) from this framework is £1 million.
The framework, comprising of multiple framework suppliers each able to deliver energy efficiency works and services via a range of technical solutions that will provide guaranteed energy performance over the term of the call-off contract awarded under the framework.
The framework is based upon an Energy Performance Contract (EnPC) with a performance guarantee capable of delivering on the basis of:
- design and build
- design, build and operate
- design, build, operate, finance
- design, build, operate, finance and maintain
What is in scope
The framework covers non-domestic energy efficiency retrofit, in its broadest sense, to public sector buildings and grounds including a combination of building fabric, building environmental services systems and their control (for example heating, cooling, ventilation, lighting, water etc) and local energy regeneration (including combined heat and power systems and district heating systems).
What is out of scope
Domestic energy efficiency.
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
Benefits to the public sector from this contract are:
- economies of scale and standardised approach
- facilitation of private sector financed work
- major carbon reduction and energy/bill savings
- potential to reduce carbon reduction commitments (CRC)
- savings in energy and maintenance costs
- support delivery of The Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009, (Section 63, Energy Performance of Non Domestic Buildings), Scotland’s Energy Strategy and the EES Programme by reducing CO2 output and make savings in carbon reduction commitments (CRC) for Authorities
- Ameresco Ltd
- Asset Plus Energy Performance Ltd
- Centrica Business Solutions UK Ltd
- Easy Heat Systems Ltd
- Engie Urban Energy Ltd
- E.ON Control Solutions Ltd
- FES Support Services Ltd
- Imtech Low Carbon Solutions Ltd
- TESGL Ltd trading as SSE Enterprise Energy Solutions Ltd
- Veolia ES Resource Efficiency (UK) Ltd
- Vital Energi Utilities Ltd
A buyers guide detailing the call off process will be made available shortly.
Phone: 0141 242 0108
Mobile: 07465 699654