- 1 Mar 2016
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2024
Category: Utilities - national
National framework agreements for the provision of Non Domestic Energy Effciency (NDEE) over £1 million projects for the Scottish public sector.
What is in scope
A non domestic energy efficiency project retrofits public sector and third sector buildings with energy efficiency assets. These may include, but not limited to, prefabricated energy centres; combined heat and power units; energy efficient boilers; communal heating; voltage management units; controls outstations; luminaires, lighting controllers and other lighting assets
These projects save energy and maintenance costs; they are self-funding (for example, the costs saved pay for the assets installed); they reduce carbon emissions and improve the environmental comfort of the buildings.
What is out of scope
NDEE sub £1 million projects .
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in Annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits of this contract are:
- estimated £1.5 million per annum based on an estimated annual spend of £15,000,000, seeking to achieve an average lifetime carbon reduction metric of < £400/LT.tCO2
- improved customer service
- web portal upgrade
Sustainability Benefits include:
- improve the environmental comfort of buildings
- increasing sustainable economic growth through promoting the transition to a low carbon economy
- support delivery of The Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009, (Section 63, Energy Performance of Non Domestic Buildings), Scotland’s Energy Strategy and the EES Programme by reducing CO2 output and make savings in carbon reduction commitments (CRC) for authorities
Community and socio-economic benefits:
All suppliers on the framework have committed to provide Community Benefits the level and type of which will be set dependent on the value of work each supplier has been awarded through the framework. Suppliers will be awarded points dependent on awarded project values and these points will be converted to delivered Community Benefits such as Modern Apprentices, work placements, community enhancements and education support initiatives.
- Ameresco Limited
- Asset Plus Energy Performance Limited
- Centrica Business Solutions UK Limited
- Easy Heat Systems Limited
- Engie Urban Energy Limited
- E.ON Control Solutions Limited
- FES Support Services Limited
- Imtech Low Carbon Solutions Limited
- TESGL Ltd trading as SSE Enterprise Energy Solutions Limited
- Vital Energi Utilities Limited
- Veolia ES Resource Efficiency (UK) Limited
See attached buyers guide and NDEE presentation.
Framework documents, including all framework agreements can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
- File type
- 4.1 MB
- File type
- 32 page PDF
- 945.6 kB
Senior Portfolio Specialist
Phone: 0141 242 0108
Mobile: 07465 699654