Framework for Supported Factories and Businesses
A national collaborative framework agreement for supported factories and businesses has been established to provide products and services to the Scottish public sector.
The framework is reserved for Supported Businesses as defined in regulation 21 of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2015 (recital 36 of directive 2014/24/EU). A "supported business" means an economic operator whose main aim is the social and professional integration of disbled or disadvantaged persons and where at least 30% of the employees of the economic operator are disabled or disadvantaged pesons.
What is in scope?
The framework for supported factories and businesses includes the following Lots:
- Lot 1 – Furniture and associated products
- Lot 2 – Document management
- Lot 3 – Textiles / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Lot 4 – Signage
What is out of scope?
- Social community care
- Human resources
- Commemorative poppies
- IT recycling
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Benefits relating to the framework for supported businesses are:
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations and achieves best value for money for Scottish public sector organisations.
- The framework provides a diverse range of products and services to the whole of the Scottish public sector.
The framework provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations in Scotland to buy from supported businesses.
- Increases opportunities for supported businesses and helps to grow their businesses.
- Contributes towards the Scottish Government’s aspirations with regards to ethical, social, environmental and sustainability issues.
12 September 2012
11 September 2018
Contact and feedback to:
Lot 1 Furniture and Associated Products:
North Lanarkshire Industries
RSBi / City Building (Contracts ) LLP
Lot 2 Document Management:
Haven Products Ltd
Lot 3 Textiles / Personal Protective Equipment:
Lot 4 Signage:
The Sign Factory
|A Buyers' Guide is availabe. |
Page updated: Friday, September 29, 2017