Digital Conferencing Services
The aim of the Digital Conferencing Services framework is to maximise efficiency and collaboration enabling Scottish public sector organisations to work collaboratively and more efficiently with their stakeholders, making full use of the opportunities that technology provides to support this. The service will support the development of a collaborative environment of communications, where organisations can take advantage of a range of services from basic audio conferencing calls through to more advanced webcasting. The range of solutions available should ensure ease of access for participants from any device (including mobile) and compatibility with existing equipment, systems and services.
What is in scope?
The Digital Conferencing Service includes:
- Audio conferencing
- Web conferencing
- Video conferencing
Value Add Services:
- Implementation Management and Support, including interoperability and federation services
- Bespoke training
- Support for conferencing events
What is out of scope?
This is not a unified communications framework and so does not include:
- Room based video conferencing equipment
- Mobile devices
- Internet protocol (IP) telephony
- Telephony hardware
- PSTN and mobile Calls and minutes
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert notice published on Public Contracts Scotland and guidance on this can be found in annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits for public bodies using the framework are:
- Reduced duplication of procurement activity within the Scottish public sector.
- Easy to use single supplier framework allowing organisations to call off directly with no need for a mini competition.
- Standardised approach to terms and conditions.
- Clear route to market for all Scottish public sector organisations.
- Financial – reduced travel and subsistence expenses for organisations, competitive call charges and savings on conferencing services
- Environmental – reduction of organisation's carbon emissions
- Efficiency - improved user productivity, both in the office and when mobile.
- Provides opportunities for greater collaborative, flexible and remote working
- Support digital transformation through improved organisational agility and communication tools across the public sector.
Framework Start Date
1 September 2016
Framework End Date
31 August 2018
Contact and feedback to:
David Box (Senior Portfolio Specialist)
0141 242 0345
Contract or Framework Agreement guidance
A Buyers' Guide is available:
Further information including specifications and pricing is available via our secure stakeholder site. To obtain access, please contact Scottish Procurement.
The contractor catalogue is also available for this framework via our secure stakeholder site.
If you require any information on the agreement, or to register your interest in using the Agreement, please contact David Box.
How Digital Conferencing Services helped SEPA - could it help you?
Page updated: Wednesday, March 22, 2017