8 CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE AND DIABETES - References and notes
1. Source: GROS Registration Data. [online] Available from: www.gro-scotland.gov.uk
2. Leyland, A.H., Dundas, R., McLoone, P. and Boddy, F.A. (2007) Inequalities in mortality in Scotland 1981-2001. Glasgow: MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, Occasional Paper 16.
3. Better Diabetes Care - A Consultation Document. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2009.
4. Scottish Budget Spending Review 2007, Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2007. [online] Available from: www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2007/11/13092240/0 See also: www.scotlandperforms.com
5. Equally Well - Report of the Ministerial Taskforce on Health Inequalities. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2008.
6. Better Health, Better Care Action Plan. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2007.
7. The HEAT targets derive their name from the four strands in the performance framework: the Health of the population; Efficiency and productivity, resources and workforce; Access to services and waiting times; and Treatment and quality of services.
8. NHSScotland Chief Executive's Annual Report 2007/08. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2008.
9. Details of the Quality and Outcomes Framework is available from: www.isdscotland.org/isd/3305.html
10. Health in Scotland 2007 - Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2008.
11. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (February 2007). SIGN Guideline 97 Risk Estimation and the Prevention of Heart Disease. [online] Available from: www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/97/index.html
12. Better Heart Disease and Stroke Care Action Plan. Edinburgh: Scottish Government, 2009.
13. Towards a healthier Scotland. A white paper on health. Edinburgh: The Scottish Office Department of Health; February 1999.
14. Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke in Scotland - Strategy Update 2004, Edinburgh: Scottish Executive, 2004.
15. Source: ISD Scotland (2009), available from: www.isdscotland.org/isd/servlet/FileBuffer?namedFile=PTI_Mar09_Coronary Heart Disease (CHD).xls&pContentDispositionType=inline
16. Source: ISD Scotland (2009), available from: www.isdscotland.org/isd/servlet/FileBuffer?namedFile=PTI_Mar09_Stroke.xls&pContentDispositionType=inline
17. See: Shelton, N. (2005). Volume 2: Adult health, Chapter 10: Diabetes. In: Bromley, C., Sproston, K. and Shelton, N., (eds.). The Scottish Health Survey 2003. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive.
18. Telford, R.D. (2007). Low physical activity and obesity: causes of chronic disease or simply predictors? Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 39 (8), 1233-40.