Appendix 3: iMatter 2021 Questionnaire
NHSScotland is committed to improving the experience of those we provide care for through enhancing our "Staff Experience". The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted us all, how we work and how we live. Whilst we are moving forward and some areas of life are returning to normality, there are still many challenges to face.
In 2020, we ran the Everyone Matters Pulse Survey to provide a snapshot of staff experience in unprecedented times. This year we return to iMatter in order that we can assess staff experience across all the measures.
The iMatter Staff Experience Continuous Improvement Model aims to deliver ways of engaging staff which feel right for you at every level and introduce new opportunities where you can feedback your experiences, in your teams, in a real-time basis.
The questionnaire should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. Please answer as fully as possible by clicking the relevant buttons for each option. The "About You" questions are optional, but all others need to be answered in order to submit your response. If you are completing the questionnaire online you must select the submit button at the end of the questionnaire.
This is an anonymous survey, all answers collected will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
You will receive your team result and will be encouraged to take the opportunity to develop actions plans and solutions for continuous improvement as well as to share your successes through the Staff experience stories.
Thank you for your time and participation.
Please answer each question using one tick
For the purpose of this questionnaire, My/I refers to you and your experience as an individual.
Thinking of your experience in the 12 months please tell us if you agree or disagree with the following statements:
- I am clear about my duties and responsibilities
- I get the information I need to do my job well
- I am given the time and resources to support my learning growth
- I have sufficient support to do my job well
- I am confident my ideas and suggestions are listened to
- I am confident my ideas and suggestion are acted upon
- I feel involved in decisions relating to my job
- I am treated with dignity & respect as an individual
- I am treated fairly and consistently
- I get enough helpful feedback on how well I do my work
- I feel appreciated for the work I do
- My work gives me a sense of achievement
My Team/My Direct Line Manager
Please answer each question using one tick
For the purposes of this questionnaire, Direct Line Manager refers to the person who has overall responsibility for your team, this person has been named in the cover email.
Thinking of your experience in the last 12 months please tell us if you agree or disagree with the following statements relating to your team and direct line manager:
- I feel my direct line manager cares about my health & well-being
- My direct line manager is sufficiently approachable
- I have confidence & trust in my direct line manager
- I feel involved in decisions relating to my team
- I am confident performance is managed well within my team
- My team works well together
- I would recommend my team as a good one to be a part of
Please answer each question using one tick.
- My Organisation refers to the NHS Board/Heath & Social Care Partnership you are part of.
- Board/Health & Social Care Partnership members refers to:
- Directors/Chief Officer, Executives
- Non-Executives & the Chief Executive of your NHS Board/HSCP (the people who make the high level decisions in your organisation)
Thinking of your experience in the last 12 months please tell us if you agree or disagree with the following statements relating to your Organisation:
- I understand how my role contributes to the goals of my organisation
- I feel my organisation cares about my health & wellbeing
- I feel that board members who are responsible for my organisation are sufficiently visible
- I have confidence & trust in Board members who are responsible for my organisation
- I feel sufficiently involved in decisions relating to my organisation
- I am confident performance is managed well within my organisation
- I get the help & support I need from other teams and services within the organisation to do my job
- I would recommend my organisation as a good place to work
- I would be happy for a friend or relative to access services within my organisation
Please tell us how you feel about your overall experience of working for your organisation from a scale of 0 to 10 (where 0 = very poor and 10 = very good): *
Overall working within my organisation is a…….
0 Very Poor Experience
10 Very Good Experience
We are asking the following questions in order that we can understand more about the profile of staff taking part in iMatter. It is not mandatory to answer these questions, but it will help us greatly if you do. The answers to these questions will be used in the following ways:
- To profile staff at a National, Board, Staff Grouping level
- To explore the relationship between staff profile and staff experience
Your anonymity is important to us and so we will not look at any groups with less than 10 people in them.
Please refer to Privacy Notice for information on how this data may be used.
Since last September, have you experienced change either in your job role or the environment you work in?
- Which of the following have changed for you? (Select all that apply)
- Working from home more than usual
- Working at a different location (e.g., different hospital, care home etc.
- Reassigned to a different team
- Reassigned to a different directorate
- Reassigned to a different board
- Reassigned to a different role, but still in the same team
- Shielding at home (because I or other household members are clinically vulnerable)
- Staying away from home to protect my family
- Preschool children at home
- School age children at home
- Care responsibilities for another member of the household
- Loss of a friend or relative
- I have tested positive for COVID-19
- I have been furloughed
- Other household members furloughed
- Worsening of financial situation (e.g., household job loss or reduced hours)
- Providing support for vulnerable relative (living elsewhere)
- Other (please specify)
Which staff group do you belong to? (please select the group that reflects your main role)
- NHSScotland Employees
- Local Authority Employees
Which staff group do you belong to? (NHSScotland staff only)
- Administrative Services (Finance, HR, IT, call handler, office and patient services
- Allied Health Profession
- Ambulance Services
- Health Science Services
- Medical and Dental
- Medical and Dental Support (physicians assistant, theatre services, operating dept, dental technician, hygienist, dental and orthodontist therapist, oral health)
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Other Therapeutic (Optometry, pharmacy, psychology, genetic counselling.)
- Personal and Social Care
- Senior Managers (Executive grades, senior manager pay band)
- Support Services (Catering, domestic, portering, estates and facilities, security, laundry, transport, sterile services.)
Which staff group do you belong to? (local authority staff only)
- Adult Services
- Business Services (Business Improvement, Support Services, Information Systems, Finance and Administration)
- Children's Services
- Criminal Justice
- Older People Services
- Senior Managers
- Strategic Development
As employers we are committed to ensuring all staff are treated fairly. It is important therefore for us to understand how the pandemic has impacted everyone in our organisations. This section helps your employer to look for any trends or patterns which might be cause for concern. Your response will not be tracked back to you. You can choose to answer all of these questions or only some of them.
What was your age at your last birthday?
What is your sex?
Do you consider yourself to be trans, or have a trans history?
Trans is a term used to describe people whose gender is not the same as the sex they were registered at birth
- Yes, please describe your trans status (for example, non-binary trans man, trans woman)
What is your legal marital or registered civil partnership status?
- Never married and never registered in a civil partnership
- In a registered civil partnership
- Separated, but still legally married
- Separated, but still legally in a civil partnership
- Formerly in a civil partnership which is now legally dissolved
- Surviving partner from a civil partnership
Which of the following best describes your sexual orientation?
- Gay or Lesbian
- Prefer to self-describe, please write in:
Disability: The Equality Act 2010 describes a disabled person as: '...anyone who has a physical, sensory or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities'.
Do you consider yourself to be disabled within the definition of the Equality Act 2010?
Do you have any of the following, which have lasted, or are expected to last, at least 12 months?
- Deafness or partial hearing loss Blindness or partial sight loss
- Full or partial loss of voice or difficulty speaking (a condition which requires you to use equipment to speak)
- Learning disability (a condition that you have had since childhood that affects the way you learn, understand information and communicate)
- Learning difficulty (a specific learning condition that affects the way you learn and process information)
- Developmental disorder (a condition that you have had since childhood which affects motor, cognitive, social and
emotional skills, and speech and language)
- Physical disability (a condition that substantially limits one or more basic physical activities such as walking, climbing stairs, lifting or carrying
- Mental health condition (a condition that affects your emotional, physical and mental wellbeing)
- Long-term illness, disease or condition (a condition, not listed above, that you may have for life, which may be managed with treatment or medication)
- Other condition, please write in:
- No condition
Have you been on maternity/parental or shared parental leave in the past 12 months?
What religion, religious denomination or body do you belong to?
- Church of Scotland
- Roman Catholic
- Other Christian, please write in:
- Muslim, write in denomination:
- Another religion or body, please write in:
What is your ethnic group?
- Mixed or multiple ethnic group
- Asian, Scottish Asian or British Asian
- African, Scottish African or British African
- Caribbean or Black
- Other ethnic group
- Other British
- Gypsy / Traveller
- Showman / Showwoman
- Other which ethnic group, please write in:
Mixed or multiple ethnic groups
- Any mixed or multiple ethnic groups, please write in:
Asian, Scottish Asian or British Asian
- Pakistani, Scottish Pakistani or British Pakistani
- Indian, Scottish Indian or British Indian
- Bangladeshi, Scottish Bangladeshi or British Bangladeshi
- Chinese, Scottish Chinese or British Chinese
- Other, please write in:
African, Scottish Africa or British African
- Please write in (for example, Nigerian, Somali):
Caribbean or Black
- Please write in (for example, Scottish Caribbean, Black Scottish):
Other ethnic group
- Arab, Scottish Arab or British Arab
- Other, please write in (for example, Sikh, Jewish):
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback