This is the third document in the Building a New Scotland series which aims to give people the information they need before an independence referendum takes place.
This paper sets out the Scottish Government’s proposals for the economy of an independent Scotland. It:
- outlines Scotland’s strengths and potential, and where the UK economy is not delivering for Scotland
- explains plans for moving Scotland’s economy to one that is stronger and fairer under independence
- describes policies and proposals across various economic topics, including currency and fiscal policy, trade and borders, the labour market, immigration system and climate change
This is the full paper. You can also access:
- a summary version
- a British Sign Language (BSL) version
- Independence: what you need to know
- Summary Version of the Paper in Audio
Summary versions of the paper as Easy Read and in a number of language translations will be published in due course.
The Building a New Scotland series will cover a wide range of topics and forms the prospectus for an independent Scotland.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback