International Trade and Investment Directorate
What we do
We aim to deliver our increased ambition for internationalisation of the economy and maximise the value of the food and drink sector.
This means setting the policy direction on trade, capital and foreign direct investment, and food and drink sectoral policy. We are also the hub for trade policy analysis and delivery around Brexit.
Specifically we aim to:
- enable more Scottish businesses to export more goods and services to more markets
- secure greater foreign investment for Scotland
- provide expert trade policy analysis which represents business and consumer interests
- effect policy change which increases trade and investment flows
- deliver strategies and policies to drive growth in value across the food and drink sectors