Investment finance plays an important role in our transition to an inclusive, net zero economy. Scotland is an attractice place to do business, with access to a range of financing options and investment support.
Our objective is to increase levels of private investment into Scotland to help businesses realise their growth ambitions and deliver projects that bring wider benefits to the Scottish economy. In turn, this supports economic resilience and inclusive, sustainable growth.
Our “Team Scotland” approach to delivery brings together individuals, businesses and organisations with relevant experience and interests to promote private capital investment opportunities in Scotland and support business growth.
We are supporting access to investment finance by:
- working with the financial services sector to build upon the key role that the industry plays in the economy and to strengthen our foothold internationally in financial and business services
- attracting global capital investment by developing market-ready propositions, enhancing market conditions and building connections with global investors
- promoting market-ready projects seeking private capital investment through the Green Investment Portfolio (GIP) to help Scotland transition to a net zero economy by 2045
- capitalising and working with the Scottish National Investment Bank to deliver investment in businesses, projects and communities to security environmental, social and financial returns for the people of Scotland
- improving access to finance for Small and Medium Enterprises
Investment is a driver of economic growth. Mobilising private capital alongside public investment is crucial for delivering our vision for Scotland. This includes meeting some of the challenges that we face (including a Just Transition to Net Zero) and supporting business growth and innovation.
Directorate for International Trade and Investment
Investment Finance Division
5 Atlantic Quay