Angus Robertson MSP was appointed as the Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, External Affairs and Culture in May 2021.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- cross-government co-ordination of European and external relations
- policy in relation to UK's exit from the EU
- post-Brexit relations
- Scottish diaspora
- Global Affairs Network
- Scottish Cities of Refuge
- National Records of Scotland
- New Scot strategy
- culture policy
- broadcasting and screen
- British Irish Council
- royal and ceremonial
- See the latest news on constitution, external affairs and culture
- Follow on @culturescotgov on Twitter
Born in 1969, he joined the SNP in 1984. After a distinguished career in international journalism, Angus worked in the Scottish Parliament as an expert advisor before being elected to the House of Commons in June 2001 where he served for 16 years. He was a member of the European Scrutiny Committee 2001-2010, and served as the SNP spokesman on defence and international relations.
In May 2007, he became SNP leader in the House of Commons. He was elected to the Scottish Parliament in May 2021 to represent Edinburgh Central. Angus lives in Edinburgh Central with his wife Jennifer, daughters Saoirse and Flora and two labradoodles: Freyja and Marnie.
- Read more about Angus Robertson on the Scottish Parliament website.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback