Table C9 Number of livestock by Less Favoured Area (1) category, June 2015
|Dairy Cows (2)||120,568||55,166||175,734|
|Other Female Dairy Cattle||70,241||32,046||102,287|
|Beef Cows (3)||349,666||87,100||436,766|
|Other Female Beef Cattle||184,667||88,112||272,779|
|Total cattle (4)||1,294,482||511,504||1,805,986|
|Ewes for breeding||2,345,008||243,166||2,588,174|
|Rams for service||77,481||9,640||87,121|
|Other sheep one year old and over for breeding||627,620||69,799||697,419|
|Female breeding herd: Total||5,791||25,043||30,834|
|Gilts 50kg and over for breeding||1,136||5,647||6,783|
|Boars for service||316||540||856|
|Barren sows for fattening||325||442||767|
|Other pigs: 20kg and over||36,375||154,401||190,776|
|Fowls in laying flock: Hens in 1st laying season||1,628,891||2,695,518||4,324,409|
|Pullets being reared for laying||314,582||1,426,321||1,740,903|
|Fowls for breeding||330,914||858,269||1,189,183|
|Broilers and other table fowls||538,975||5,130,851||5,669,826|
|Other poultry (6)||67,362||18,316||85,678|
|Goats and kids||3,108||1,643||4,751|
|Horses used in agriculture or horticulture||570||436||1,006|
|All other horses and ponies||19,802||15,600||35,402|
(1) A holding is classified as LFA if 50% or more of its land is assessed as being disadvantaged or severely disadvantaged for subsidy purposes.
(2) Female dairy cattle aged 2 years old and over with offspring.
(3) Female beef cattle aged 2 years old and over with offspring.
(4) Cattle kept by landless keepers included in LFA figures.
(5) Includes draft and cast ewes, and wethers in England and Wales.
(6) Includes turkeys, ducks, geese and guinea fowl.
c data suppressed to prevent disclosure of individual holdings.