The 7 principles of SAtSD
So how do we do this?
While we don’t have all the answers, we think we should start with a set of founding principles and build from there.
- We explore and define the problem before we design the solution.
- We design service journeys around people and not around how the public sector is organised.
- We seek citizen participation in our projects from day one.
- We use inclusive and accessible research and design methods so citizens can participate fully and meaningfully.
- We use the core set of tools and methods of the Scottish Approach to Service Design.
- We share and reuse user research insights, service patterns, and components wherever possible.
- We contribute to continually building the Scottish Approach to Service Design methods, tools, and community.