About this resource
Thank you for taking the time to read this short explanation of what you need to know about designing public services in Scotland.
This document will cover:
- how a shared set of principles and some basic tools will help us design around the needs of people (and not around how the public sector is structured)
- how thinking about people’s ‘life events’ helps us embed that way of working
- what we mean by services, design, and users • how you design with, as well as for, your service users - and how to do this in an accessible and inclusive way
- how you can assess the maturity of the Scottish Approach to Service Design in your organisation
- how to contact us for more information and to provide feedback
This is a framework to guide how we design user-centred public services and not an attempt to create a template/toolkit for designing any service. It’s about how we all agree on and support the set of core ideas and intentions we need to build into our organisations to ensure we design the right thing, before designing the thing right.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback