Seed potatoes (updated 27 July 2021)
Growing crop tolerances
Class tolerances apply.
Minimum tolerances for seed export apply.
- import permit: required
- varieties: must be registered in National Catalogue of Species and Varieties in the Republic of Albania or go through trials process
- additional documentation: certificate of origin, phyto, certificate of analysis and invoice
- labels: should have copies in Albanian
- treatments: chemicals used should have active ingredient declared along with dose rate.
Additional declarations to be inserted on the reverse of the phytosanitary certificate for seed potatoes
- colorado beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata), Bacterial ring rot (Clavibacter michiganensis ssp. sepedonicus), Potato brown rot (Ralstonia solanacearum), Root knot nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.), Potato tuber moth (Phthorimaea operculella), Potato stolbur phytoplasma and Potato spindle tuber viroid are not known to occur in Scotland.
- wart disease (Synchytrium endobioticum) is not known to have occurred in the field in which the potatoes were grown.
- samples of soil from the land on which these potatoes were grown were drawn and tested prior to planting by the official services and no trace was found of Potato cyst nematodes (Glodobera pallida and G. rostochiensis)