1. Public Health Scotland: Scottish Breast Screening Programme Statistics 2018/19 Annual update to 31 March 2019
2. Public Health Scotland: Scottish Breast Screening Programme Statistics 2018/19 Annual update to 31 March 2019
3. Diab SG, Elledge RM, Clark GM. Tumor characteristics and clinical outcome of elderly women with breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000;92:550–6.
4. Bell RJ, Burton RC. Do the benefits of screening mammography outweigh the harms of overdiagnosis and unnecessary treatment? no. Med J Aust 2012;196:17.
5. Evans A and Whelehan P. 2011. Breast screening policy: Are we heading in the right direction? Clinical Radiology 66: 915e919.
6. Walter LC and Schonberg MA. 2014 Screening Mammography in Older Women: A Review JAMA. 311(13): 1336–1347. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.2834.
7. Rafia R, Brennan A, Madan J et al. Modeling the Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Upper Age Limits for Breast Cancer Screening in England and Wales. Value in Health 19: 404 – 4 1 2
8. Breast Test Wales (2018). Service evaluation of screening over-70s.
9. Degeling C, Barratt A, Aranda S et al. Should women aged 70–74 be invited to participate in screening mammography? A report on two Australian community juries. BMJ Open: 8:e021174. doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2017-021174.
10. AgeX Trial Overview. http://www.agex.uk/about/
12. Breast cancer surveillance protocols including the length of time women are in mammographic follow-up vary considerably across Scotland, however for this analysis we used a five-year period. A further 3,604 women with existing breast cancer matched onto the review data extract outside of the five-year period, going back to 8 years prior to first offered screening appointment.
14. NHS public health functions agreement 2019-20, Service specification No. 24 NHS Breast Screening Programme
15. NHS Breast Screening Programme Guidance for breast screening mammographers Third edition December 2017
18. SCoR (Society & College of Radiographers), 2017, Consultant Radiographer – Guidance for the Support of New and Established Roles. LONDON Society of Radiographers
19. Scottish Screening Committee - Review of Screening Report. Dr Hilary Dobson and Dr Sue Payne
20. 23rd November 2018
22. Healthcare Improvement Scotland – Evidence Note Number 76 April 2018
23. Healthcare Improvement Scotland - Evidence Note Number 77 April 2018
24. Survey of mammography equipment - Screening X-Ray Equipment. Medical Physics. Health Facilities Scotland
25. Guidance notes on mammographic x-ray equipment selection; maintenance; suspension from use; replacement. NHSBSP Publication number 32. January 1995
26. Further information also at: https://ihub.scot/media/6824/qms-framework-working-draft-3.pdf
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback