The Integrated Administration and Control System: guidance

These notes tell you about the Integrated Administration and Control System (IACS) 2008.

5. Amendments and additions

You can amend your SAF up to and including 31 May 2008 to:

  • Add agricultural parcels of land;
  • Change the use of land parcels; and
  • Change the schemes claimed for individual parcels of land.

If we receive amendments on or after 1 June 2008, we will apply a 1% late submission penalty to each field amended, for each working day the amendment is late. We will not accept any amendments after 9 June 2008.

Obvious error

You can correct mistakes in your SAF, which can be classified as an obvious error, without penalty at any time. As a general rule an obvious error has to be detected from the information given in the aid application submitted. An obvious error is one of a purely clerical nature that is obvious to us during a basic examination of the aid application or an error detected as a result of a coherence check (that is contradictory information). We have to be satisfied that you acted in good faith and there is no possibility that fraud or dishonesty is involved. A failure to submit a claim or application under any of the schemes listed in section 1 cannot be considered an obvious error.

Notified error

After you send us your SAF you may realise you have included in error an area of land that is ineligible for the payment you have claimed. You may correct this error in your SAF at any time if:

  • you notify your SGRPID area office in writing;
  • we have not told you of the error first; and
  • we have not told you of an intended inspection, which subsequently reveals the error.


You can withdraw all or part of your SAF at any time if:

  • you apply in writing to your SGRPID area office, identifying the field, the area in question and the relevant field data sheet;
  • we have not told you of an error in your SAF; and
  • we have not told you of an intended inspection, which subsequently reveals an error in the area you wish to withdraw.
Back to top