Action 1 - looked after children and Action 2 - child protection
- work with organisations that give us data to make sure they give us complete information on religion and provide information about more groups of people
- publish data about religion
- to publish data when people chose the 'Prefer not to say' option when asked about their sex
- make sure there is better data about ethnicity and disability
People from an ethnic group might have the same language, culture or religion.
- find ways to get data about the trans status of looked after children aged 16 or over
Trans means someone does not identify as the sex on their birth certificate.
Action 3 - Growing Up in Scotland
- include analysis of gender and disability in Scottish Government reports such as in the 'Life at Age 17' report
- make sure that there is analysis of equality evidence in any reports commissioned by the Scottish Government that use data from the Growing Up in Scotland questionnaire
- make sure future data collections include questions on protected characteristics
- add a question about marriage to the Growing Up in Scotland questionnaire, when the people taking part will be 20 years old.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback