Additional data sources
State of the Epidemic report has predominantly focused on the direct impact that Covid-19 has had on Scotland including infection levels, cases, hospitalisations and hospital occupancy, deaths, vaccinations, situation across the four nations, as well as local authorities in Scotland. There are additional sources of data which monitor wider impacts of Covid-19 on health, societal issues and the economy, which can be found at the links below. However, please note that these data do not solely reflect the impact of the Covid-19 epidemic.
- PHS wider impacts dashboard. Information presented in the dashboard covers wider planned and emergency hospital admissions, Accident and Emergency attendances, NHS 24 contacts, out of hours and Scottish Ambulance Services, outpatient appointments, as well as various aspects of cardiovascular, cancer, injuries, mental health, substance use, pregnancy, births and children health.
- NHS Education for Scotland publish weekly data on NHS staff reported as absent due to COVID-19.
- The Care Inspectorate produce weekly data on staff in adult care homes reported as absent due to COVID-19.
- The Scottish Government has published a collection of reports relating to public attitudes to Covid-19. In addition, school attendance and absence figures are published here every Thursday afternoon.
- The Scottish Government also publish statistics on Scottish Welfare Fund and Self-Isolation Support Grants, as well as quarterly Scottish Welfare Fund publication.
- Transport Scotland previously published a range of COVID-19 analysis on the impact on transport and are continuing to monitor transport demand. Additionally, an annual publication on transport and travel in Scotland is available here.
- For a summary of statistics relating to the economy, please refer to the Monthly Economic Brief and State of the Economy Reports.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback