Paul Gray was appointed Director-General for Health and Social Care and Chief Executive of NHSScotland in December 2013.
The Director General for Health and Social Care/Chief Executive of NHS is responsible for maintaining a high standard of care for the people of Scotland and for providing support to Scotland's health and social care professionals.
The Director-General Health and Social Care/Chief Executive of the NHS is a member of the Scottish Government's Corporate Governance Board.
Paul has held a number of previous roles in roles include:
- Director General Rural Affairs, Environment and Services
- Director General Governance and Communities
- Director of Change and Corporate Services,
- Director of Primary and Community Care and Director of eHealth (simultaneously)
- Director for Social Justice,
- Director of Information and Communications Technology.
His career has covered such diverse areas as Criminal Injuries Compensation, fisheries quota management and licensing, and work with Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education.