1. More information on the COVID-19 protection levels can be found here.
2. Note that the terms 'establishment', 'employer' and 'business' are used interchangeably throughout the report.
3. The UK Employer Skills Survey 2013, published by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ukces-employer-skills-survey-2013
4. Note that the number of interviews sums to greater than 3,497 as ROAs are defined by Local Authorities (LA), and some LAs are in more than one ROA. Also note that the population data are rounded to the nearest 100.
5. The top and bottom 1% of interview lengths were removed from the average interview length calculations to reduce the influence of large outliers on the average interview length.
6. East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian.
7. The sample was structured to separate businesses with 100 to 249 employees from large businesses with 250 employees or more. However, weighting on a size by sector basis meant that for some cells within the 250+ group there were either zero interviews or a very small number of interviews achieved. To overcome this issue, the 100 to 249 and 250+ groups were merged for weighting purposes.
8. A total of 10 cells (out of 78) were merged as a result of the process outline above. The cell merging were consistent across both the unit and employment weights.
9. UK Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities 2007 (SIC 2007) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/standard-industrial-classification-of-economic-activities-sic
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback