COVID protection levels
The rules you have to follow depend on the level in your local area.
All of Scotland is at Level 4 apart from the following areas which are at Level 3:
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles)
- Orkney Islands
- Shetland Islands
- the following islands in Argyll and Bute: Coll, Colonsay, Erraid, Gometra, Iona, Islay, Jura, Mull, Oronsay, Tiree, and Ulva
- all islands in Highland, except the Isle of Skye which is at Level 4
Timetable for easing restrictions
We expect to move through the levels on the following dates:
- 26 April: mainland Scotland and islands at Level 4 are expected to move to Level 3. Islands at Level 3 will remain there until 17 May
- 17 May: all of Scotland will move to Level 2
- June (early): all of Scotland will move to Level 1
- June (late): all of Scotland will move to Level 0
See the attached PDF table for summary information on what you can and cannot do at each level.
We will keep these plans under review.