Table 10: Reconviction rates by offender characteristics: 2014-15 cohort
1. Shading has been added to the table to distinguish the different reconviction rates visually. The darker the shading, the higher the reconviction rate.
2. Convictions since the start of 1989. Caution should be exercised when comparing this table with similar tables in previous publications. There will be fewer previous convictions in earlier cohorts because convictions didn't start to be recorded in the SOI until 1989.
3. Community Payback Orders ( CPOs) were introduced by the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010 and came into effect from 1 February 2011. The CPO replaces provisions for Community Service Orders, Probation Orders, and Supervised Attendance Orders and came into effect from 1 February 2011. The CPO replaces provisions for Community Service Orders, Probation Orders and Supervised Attendance Orders.
4. Legacy community order refers to Community Service Orders ( CSOs) and Probation Orders ( POs) which were replaced by Community Payback Orders for crimes or offences committed after 1 February 2011. Legacy community orders given after 1 February are for crimes or offences committed prior to 1 February 2011.
5. Includes Supervised Attendance Orders.
Email: Mariken Schipper
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House