Seed potatoes (updated 16 July 2019)
Growing crop tolerances
Class tolerances apply.
Import permit: required. A GM declaration maybe required prior to an import permit being issued
Class: Up to Union grade SE (FG6) is accepted.
Packaging: new, unused packing material only. All containers should be free from soil and sand.
Certificates: a GMO certificate is required
Additional declarations to be inserted on the reverse of the phytosanitary certificate for seed potatoes
- Potato wart disease ( Synchytrium endobioticum) is not known to have occurred on the land used for the production of the seed potatoes.
- Samples of soil from the land in which the potatoes were grown were drawn and tested by the Department prior to planting and revealed no trace of Potato cyst nematodes (Globodera rostochiensis and G. pallida).
- Potato ring rot (Clavibacter michiganensis), Potato brown rot (Ralstonia solanacearum), Potato spindle tuber viroid, Andean Potato Latent virus and Andean Potato Mottle virus are not known to occur in Scotland.
- At the time of visual inspection there were no visible signs of live insects and insect eggs.
- The consignment is practically free from soil.
- The consignment is packed in new containers.