Trinidad and Tobago
Seed potatoes (updated 4 November 2020)
Growing crop tolerances
Class tolerances apply.
Minimum tolerances for seed export apply, except for:
- Skin spot – NIL
- Dry rot – NIL
- Gangrene – NIL
- Bacterial soft rot - NIL
Import permit: required
- Seed Potatoes shall be within the tolerance levels of SOIL, TRASH, PLANT PEST and DISEASE in accordance with SASA.
- seed potato material should be treated with an appropriate fungicide.
- consignment(s) shall be accompanied by a valid Phytosanitary Certificate (original) from Scotland stating treatments.
- material shall arrive in new, sturdy/sealed/fully labelled containers/bags clearly indicating the areas of origin.
- inspection on arrival by Plant Quarantine/Plant Pathologist/Agricultural Entomologist and any other treatment as may be necessary.
- seed potato material should be derived from pathogen tested nucleus stock.
- post entry monitoring of seed potato material at the planting site (Trinidad) should be carried out.
Additional declarations to be inserted on the reverse of the phytosanitary certificate for seed potatoes:
The potatoes within this consignment are certified free from:
- Insect (Melolontha melolontha)
- Nematode (Ditylenchus destructor, Ditylenchus dipsaci, Xiphinema diversicaudatum)
- Fungi (Fusarium coeruleum, Fusarium sulphureum , Phoma exigua var.exigua,
- Boeremia foveata, Phytophthora megasperma, Phytophthora drechsleri, Polyscytalum pustulans, Verticillium albo-atrum)
- Bacteria (Pectobacterium carotovorum ssp. carotovorum, Pseudomonas marginalis pv. marginalis)