2. Wolffe, A.P., Matzke, M.A. 1999, October 15. Epigenetics: regulation through repression. Science, 286(5439):481-6.
3. Bowlby, J. (1988). A secure base: Parent child attachment and healthy human development
6. Health Inequalities and the Social Determinants of Health - Royal College of Nursing Policy Briefing #01/12 January 2012
8. Trebeck,K, Baker A, Being Bold: Building Budgets for Children's Wellbeing
23. Martin, C, Marryat, L, Miller, M, Ormston, R and Gordon, J (2011) The evaluation of the Family Nurse Partnership programme in Scotland: phase 1 report - intake and early pregnancy, Edinburgh: Scottish Government
27. Social Exclusion Unit (1999) Teenage Pregnancy, presented to the Parliament by the Prime Minister by command of her Majesty. Teenage Pregnancy Report
28. Crawford, Cribb & Kelly (2013) Teenage Pregnancy in England. Centre for Analysis of Youth Transitions (CAYT) Impact Study: Report No. 6
29. Sedgh, Finer & Singh (2015). Adolescent Pregnancy, Birth, and Abortion Rates Across Countries: Levels and Recent Trends. The Journal of Adolescent Health. Adolescent Pregnancy, Birth, and Abortion Rates Across Countries: Levels and Recent Trends
41. Imamura, M, Tucker, J, Hannaford, P. (2007) Factors associated with teenage pregnancy in the European Union countries: A systematic review. European Journal of Public Health 17: 630–636.
42. Hobcraft, J, Kiernan, K (2001) Childhood poverty, early motherhood and adult social exclusion. British Journal of Sociology 52: 495–517.
43. Letourneau, NL, Stewart, MJ, Barnfather, AK (2004) Adolescent mothers: Support needs, resources, and support-education interventions. Journal of Adolescent Health 35: 509–525.
44. Wardle, J, Jarvis, MJ, Steggles, N. (2003) Socioeconomic disparities in cancer-risk behaviors in adolescence: Baseline results from the Health and Behaviour in Teenagers Study (HABITS). Preventive Medicine 36: 721–730.
45. Evans, J, Slowley, M (2010) Not the end of the story. Supporting teenage mothers back into education.
52. Cnattingius S. The epidemiology of smoking during pregnancy: Smoking prevalence, maternal characteristics, and pregnancy outcomes. 2004; 6(Suppl 2):S125–S140.
57. Riaz M, Lewis S, Naughton F, Ussher M. Predictors of smoking cessation during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Addiction. 2018;113(4)
59. Forray A, Merry B, Lin H, et al. : Perinatal substance use: a prospective evaluation of abstinence and relapse. Drug Alcohol Dependency. 2015;150:147–155.
62. Bauld L, Graham H, Sinclair L, et al. Barriers to and facilitators of smoking cessation in pregnancy and following childbirth: Literature review and qualitative study. Health Technol Assess. 2017;21(36):v–xix. 1–158. doi: 10.3310/hta21360
64. Taylor DJ. Alcohol consumption and outcomes of pregnancy. Statement No. 5, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 2006. Alcohol in Pregnancy
65. Gray R and Henderson J. Review of the Fetal Effects of Prenatal Alcohol Exposure: Report to the Department of Health 2006. Oxford: University of Oxford; 2006. Alcohol in Pregnancy Report
66. Popova S, Lange S, Shield K et al. Comorbidity of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet 2016; 387: 978–87. Lancet - Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
72. Thiel de Bocanegra H, Chang R, Howell M, Darney P. Inter-pregnancy intervals: impact of postpartum contraceptive effectiveness and coverage. American Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology 2014 Apr; 210(4):311.e1–8.
75. Cameron, S., Glasier, A., Chen, Z., Johnstone, A., Dunlop, C. and Heller, R. (2012), Effect of contraception provided at termination of pregnancy and incidence of subsequent termination of pregnancy. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 119: 1074-1080.
82. InBrief: The Science of Early Childhood Development - Harvard What is early intervention? - Early Intervention Foundation
85. Pulver LS, Guest-Warnick G, Stoddard GJ, Byington CL, Young PC. Weight for gestational age affects the mortality of late preterm infants. Pediatrics 2009; 123: e1072-7.
86. Global health estimates 2015: deaths by cause, age, sex, by country and by region, 2000–2015. Geneva: WHO; 2016.
87. Kolasa KM, Weismiller DG. Nutrition during pregnancy. American Family Physician. 1997 July;56(1):205-12, 216-8. PMID: 9225676.
88. Yang S, Platt RW, Kramer MS. Variation in child cognitive ability by week of gestation among healthy term births. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2010;171(4):399–406. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwp413
89. Dunkel Schetter C, Tanner L. Anxiety, depression and stress in pregnancy: implications for mothers, children, research, and practice. .
95. Lawton et al (2012) Employing an extended Theory of Planned Behaviour to predict breastfeeding intention, initiation, and maintenance in White British and South-Asian mothers living in Bradford. British Journal of Health Psychology 2012; 17: 854-71.
96. DiGirolamo et al (2005) Intention or experience? Predictors of continued breastfeeding. Health Education Behaviours 2005; 32: 208-26. Cited in Rollins et al (2016)
97. Kervin et al (2010) Types and timing of breastfeeding support and its impact on mothers' behaviours. Journal of Paediatric Child Health 2010; 46: 85-91. Cited in Rollins et al (2016)
99. Bener A et al. Does prolonged breastfeeding reduce the risk for childhood leukemia and lymphomas? Minerva Pediatric 2008;60(2):155-161.
102. Barnes, J et al (2009) Nurse-Family Partnership Programme: Implementation in England – Second Year in 10 Pilot Sites: the infancy period. London DCSF. FNP England Implementation Report
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback