What we will do.
We will stop the spread of the virus by asking people to:
- Stay at home.
- Only go out to exercise once a day, buy food or to give support to a vulnerable person.
- Stay 2 metres away from other people if you go out.
- Wash your hands more often. Use soap and wash for 20 seconds each time.
This will help us to protect the National Health Service and care services so people who have coronavirus can be looked after.
We will care for those who need it, whether they are infected by the virus or not.
We will support people, business and organisations affected by the crisis.
A restriction is something that limits what you can do.
We will change the restrictions when it is safe.
We will keep restrictions in place if we have to.
We will make sure the virus does not spread.
Medicine and new technology will help us to do this.
We will protect people from the virus now and in the future.
This will be done by:
- testing people to see if they have the virus.
- contact tracing - a record of the people you have been around. If you get ill they can be told that you may have passed on the virus.
- and isolation – keeping people who have the virus away from other people.
We will help Scotland to change and grow.