HRH Duke of Edinburgh, 10 June 1921 to 9 April 2021 Read more
Affordable Housing Supply Programme
The Affordable Housing Supply Programme comprises a range of funding mechanisms to enable affordable housing providers to deliver homes for social rent, mid-market rent, and low cost home ownership in communities across Scotland to support local authorities’ Local Housing Strategies.
The impact of lockdown meant that there was a necessary pause in the delivery of affordable and social homes at a critical time in our 50,000 target period. Now that housebuilding has safely resumed, we will be clearer about the full effect this will have on the timing of the delivery of these homes. However, it is now unlikely we will meet the target by the end of March 2021. This is of course disappointing as we were on track to deliver on our 50,000 affordable homes commitment. We are continuing to work with partners across the housing sector in order that the programme can be progressed, as quickly as it is safe to do so, as construction resumes in a new safe way.
Resource Planning Assumptions (RPAs) for 2020-21
The Scottish Government has allocated the April 2020 to March 2021 resource planning assumptions across all council areas.
Guidance for councils and registered social landlords
Our current and archived guidance gathers publications by calendar year.
Affordable Housing Supply Programme Out-turn Reports
- Out-turn report for 2019-2020
- Out-turn report for 2018-2019
- Out-turn report for 2017-2018
- Out-turn report for 2016-2017
- Out-turn report for 2015-2016
- Older out-turn reports
- A list of completed projects supported through AHSP funding between 2016-2017 and 2019-2020.
- Affordable Housing Supply Programme (AHSP) - Social and Affordable Completions by Local Authority 2007-08 to 2020-21 – Q3 to end December 2020
Official figures on the AHSP and other housing statistics from Housing Statistics for Scotland.
Housing Tender Return and Scottish Social Housing Tender Price Index
The Scottish Social Housing Tender Price Index measures the movement in construction costs of social housing in Scotland. The index is based on analysing the construction costs in accepted tenders for affordable housing. Grant recipients provide tender information through the Housing Tender Return.
The Scottish Social Housing Tender Price Index Quarterly Briefing and Housing Tender Return are updated quarterly and are available within our Affordable Housing Supply Programme process and procedures guidance page.
Achieving excellence in housing development
This programme of work aims to support the affordable housing sector to continue to embrace a culture of ongoing improvement in its work to increase the supply of affordable homes. The programme is made up of four main projects and is designed specifically to help the sector to:
- continue to demonstrate value for money through its significant investment in affordable homes, and
- address the challenges facing housing construction in terms of cost, speed of delivery and meeting higher standards of sustainability.