Scottish Management of Antimicrobial Resistance Action Plan 2014-18 (ScotMARAP2)
A document detailing the action plan for the management of antimicobial resistance 2014-18 in Scotland.
Action Plan: NHS Education for Scotland (NES)
The primary role for NES is to continue to develop, deliver, maintain and evaluate multidisciplinary education initiatives which promote prudent antimicrobial use and awareness of prevention and control of infection.
The key deliverables for NES (all Area 3) are:
- Maintain the provision and support of educational resources to support all aspects of antimicrobial stewardship for the administration, monitoring and prescribing of antimicrobial drugs.
- Implement, embed, sustain and evaluate current educational resources to support improved outcomes and behaviours through a well developed workforce. New resources will only be developed due to emergent need.
- Maintain links with undergraduate programmes in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Allied Health Professions (AHP) and Dentistry to ensure evidence based antimicrobial prescribing and stewardship.
- Promote evidence based antimicrobial prescribing and stewardship in post graduate education and induction programmes.
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders and promote further strategic engagement with NHS Boards to support staff to translate the wider socio-political environment within their own work context by ensuring educational programmes align to and provide links to other relevant programmes of work and policy directives.
- Review current resources on antimicrobial prescribing to ensure 'fit for purpose' following the NES process of editorial governance - gathering user feedback, assessment results and course statistics to identify relevant changes and improvements.
- Explore options and support implementation of varied approaches, delivery modes, scenarios and sharing of practice across professions and NHS Scotland.
- Consider the implications of the Integration of Health and Social Care to adapt resources for non-NHS settings to build capacity, capability and sustainability.
Email: Andrew Wilkinson
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback