Action plan: Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates (SGHSCD)
The primary role for SGHSCD is to ensure pace and delivery of the UK AMR Strategy Action Plan and that prescribing, Public Health and educational aspects of the strategy are aligned. This involves facilitating the detection and reporting of local and national trends in antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial utilisation by allocating tasks and ensuring consistency and coherence with related health policy developments, ensuring that key reporting mechanisms are in place and ensuring that education and understanding of AMR is both supported and encouraged.
The principal task in the context of ScotMARAP 2 is to ensure alignment with the wider objectives of the UK AMR Strategy Action Plan and reporting of progress within NHS Scotland through engagement with the Department of Health High Level Steering Group (HLSG).
The key deliverables for SGHSCD are:
- Develop policy that will support and enable the delivery of the UK AMR strategy.
- Oversight of the overall program ensuring delivery of key objectives as identified in the delivery plan.
- Co-ordination of effort within Scotland with the UK AMR strategy via the HLSG.
- Reporting progress to the Policy Group.
- Supporting, identifying and co-ordinating interdisciplinary workstreams led by key stakeholders.
- Explore contractual agreements to support reduction of unnecessary antimicrobial use in primary care.
Email: Andrew Wilkinson