3. Productive Businesses and Regions
We must deliver a step-change in our productivity performance and address regional inequalities in economic activity as well as boosting traditional and digital infrastructure.
Through our three new projects we will:
improve connectivity infrastructure and digital adoption across the economy;
upskill business and public sector leaders, pioneering new approaches to driving productivity improvements; and
realise the potential of the different economic and community assets and strengths of Scotland's regions.
Key actions we will implement:
- Establish a digital productivity fund focused on supporting business to improve firm-level productivity.
- Design and implement programmes on the practical actions business and leaders can take to boost productivity.
- Appoint productivity ambassadors to promote understanding of driving productivity improvements.
- Launch the Centre for Workplace Transformation to support experimentation in ways of working post-pandemic.
- Reinforce our commitment to regional collaboration through our Regional Policy Review.
- Introduce Community Wealth Building legislation.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback