2. New Market Opportunities
Rapid global decarbonisation will represent a profound change, far outwith the control of any government or sector. The transition to net zero is not just an environmental imperative but an economic opportunity – one where Scotland will become world leading and secure first-mover advantage.
Through our three new projects we will:
- build on Scotland's strengths to win an ever greater share of domestic and international market opportunities;
- support the development of Scottish supply chains, laying the foundations of a net zero industrial strategy; and
- attract and deploy significant domestic and international private investment in Scotland.
Key actions we will implement:
- Promote Scotland as an innovative test bed for new technologies and markets.
- Provide capital investment to support renewable hydrogen production to make Scotland a leading nation in the production of reliable, competitive and sustainable hydrogen.
- Deliver on the ambitions of ScotWind and future renewable energy developments.
- Expand our Supply Chain Development Programme to improve the capacity, capability and development of Scottish supply chain.
- Adopt a cluster building approach to strengthen our position in new markets.
- Establish an investor panel, chaired by the First Minister, to attract investment to a pipeline of projects in Scotland that support our transition to net zero.
- Establish a values-led, high integrity market for responsible private investment in natural capital.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback