1. Entrepreneurial People and Culture
Entrepreneurs and an entrepreneurial mindset are vital at a time of change. It is people who make the difference. We will create a culture in which entrepreneurship is encouraged, supported and celebrated, and where Scotland is recognised as one of the best countries in the world to start and to grow a business.
Through our four new projects we will:
- embed first rate entrepreneurial learning across the education and skills systems;
- create a world class entrepreneurial infrastructure of institutions and programmes providing a high intensity pathway for high growth companies;
- attract and retain the very best entrepreneurial talent from at home and abroad; and
- build an entrepreneurial mindset in every sector of our economy.
Key actions we will implement:
- Promote project-based entrepreneurial learning in school and post-16 education.
- Embed entrepreneurship in the Young Person's Guarantee to cultivate the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Expand the scope of the current tech-scaler programme to become 'start-up scalers' – world-class incubation and developmental environments for all high growth start-ups.
- Create a national system of 'pre-scaler hubs' to help new businesses with high growth prospects access world class support and advice.
- Provide access to support programmes from amongst the most under-represented groups, particularly women, those on low incomes and those without qualifications at further or higher education.
- Appoint a Chief Entrepreneurship Officer in the Scottish Government to work in partnership with industry and investors to drive forward our ambitions on entrepreneurship.
- Attract international entrepreneurs to Scotland by rolling out an international marketing and engagement platform for Scotland's start up scene.
- Attract entrepreneurial students from around the world by supporting Scotland's universities to provide post education pathways.
- Expand the application of entrepreneurial thinking and approaches to public service reform.
- Launch a new National Challenge Competition for Economic Transformation.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback