2. HIE Business Panel report is available on the HIE website at: www.hie.co.uk/businesspanel; SOSE Business Panel report is available on the SOSE website at: www.southofscotlandenterprise.com/business-surveys
3. The Scottish Government's six-folder Urban Rural Classification is described on the Scottish website available at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-government-urban-rural-classification-2016/pages/2/
4. Travel to Work Areas (TTWAs) are a statistical tool used by UK Government and local authorities to indicate an area where the population would generally commute to a larger town, city or conurbation for the purposes of employment. The TTWAs were developed in 2011 by Newcastle University using an algorithm to identify community patterns.
5. UK Business Counts – enterprises by industry and employment size band: https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/datasets/idbrent
6. Scotland's Economic Strategy identifies growth sectors here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/growth-sector-statistics/
7. In this report sole trader refers to any business that said they had no employees at the time of the survey (though it is recognised that the term sole trader can also include businesses that have employees but who retain sole ownership of the business).
8. The net confidence figure is the difference between 'increased' and 'decreased'. Net scores are negative when negative assessments exceed positive.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback