Table 10 Reconviction rates and average number of reconvictions per offender, by CJA and Local Authority group: 2011-12 cohort
|Community Justice Authority (CJA)1||Local Authority group2||Number of offenders||Reconviction rate|| Average number of |
reconvictions per offender
|Fife & Forth Valley||All||5,084||31.5||0.57|
|North and South Lanarkshire5||4,818||28.6||0.50|
|Lothian & Borders||All||6,095||24.3||0.41|
|Edinburgh and Midlothian6||4,172||24.5||0.43|
|Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire7||3,564||30.0||0.53|
|Argyll & Bute||554||24.5||0.38|
|East and West Dunbartonshire9||1,074||31.2||0.59|
|East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire10||1,425||27.1||0.49|
|South West Scotland||All||5,168||28.3||0.49|
|Dumfries & Galloway||1,252||27.2||0.48|
|East, North and South Ayrshire11||3,916||28.7||0.49|
|Perth & Kinross||938||27.5||0.46|
1. Approximate areas are based on the court of the offenders index conviction. Some Sheriff Court boundaries cover more than one CJA, see relevant footnotes below.br /> 2. Approximate areas are based on the court of the offenders index conviction. Some Sheriff Court boundaries include more than one Local Authority area and so some Local Authorities are grouped together so that there are 25 groups of Local Authorities rather than all 32 being displayed separately. See relevant footnotes below.
3. Includes High Court and Remit to High Court.
4. Includes the Stipendiary Magistrates court.
5. North and South Lanarkshire (Airdrie, Hamilton and Lanark Sheriff Courts).
6. City of Edinburgh and Midlothian (Edinburgh Sheriff Court).
7. Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire (Aberdeen, Banff, Stonehaven and Peterhead Sheriff Courts).
8. Parts of East Dunbartonshire are also served by Glasgow Sheriff Court as well as the Sheriff Courts in North Strathclyde. However, since this analysis is based on an approximation of court areas, East Dunbartonshire has been included with North Strathclyde whilst Glasgow Sheriff Court is included with Glasgow CJA area.
9. East and West Dunbartonshire (Dumbarton Sheriff Court).
10. Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire (Paisley Sheriff Court).
11. East, North and South Ayrshire (Kilmarnock and Ayr Sheriff Courts).
12. In 2011-12, there were 4 offenders who were seen in the domestic abuse court. These offenders have not been assigned to an approximate area.
Email: Andrew Morgan