1. Scottish Government (2008). Better Cancer Care: An Action
Plan [online]. Available from:
(accessed August 2013).
2. Scottish Government (2010) Healthcare Quality Strategy for NHSScotland [online]. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/311667/0098354.pdf (accessed August 2013).
(2007) Association of Comprehensive Cancer Centres / Dutch
Urological Association. Prostate cancer [online]. Available from:
(accessed August 2013).
4. NICE (2008). Prostate cancer: diagnosis and treatment [online]. Available from: http://guidance.nice.org.uk/CG58 (accessed August 2013)
5. PCRMP (2006). Prostate Cancer Risk Management Programme. Undertaking a trans-rectal ultrasound guided biopsy of the prostate [online]. Available from: http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/prostate/pcrmp01.pdf (accessed August 2013).
6. EAU (2010). European Association of Urology. Guidelines on prostate cancer [online]. Available from: http://www.uroweb.org/?id=218&gid=3 (accessed August 2013).
7. Royal College of Radiologists (2007). Making the best use of clinical radiology services (sixth edition) [online].
8. Wang et al (2006). Prediction of Organ-confined Prostate Cancer: Incremental Value of MR Imaging and MR Spectroscopic Imaging to Staging Nomograms. Radiology. 238(2), 597-603.
9. Wang et al (2009). Incremental value of magnetic resonance imaging in the advanced management of prostate cancer. World Journal of Radiology. 1(1), 3-14.
10. Royal College of Pathologists (2009). Dataset for histopathology reports for prostatic carcinoma (2nd edition) [online]. Available from: https://www.rcpath.org/resourceLibrary/dataset-for-histopathology-reports-for-prostatic-carcinoma.html (accessed August 2013).
11. CCO (2008). Cancer Care Ontario. Guideline for optimization of surgical and pathological quality performance for radical prostatectomy in prostate cancer management: surgical and pathological guidelines [online]. Available from: http://www.cancercare.on.ca/pdf/pebc17-3f.pdf (accessed August 2013).
12. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (2008). Management of Core Cancer Services Standards [online]. Available from: http://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/our_work/cancer_care_improvement/cancer_resources/standards_for_cancer_services.aspx (accessed August 2013).
13. NICE (2015). Prostate Cancer [online]. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/qs91 (accessed February 2016).
14. Bul et al (2013). Active Surveillance for Low-Risk Prostate
The PRIAS Study. European Urology. 63 (4), 597 - 603.
15. Nice (2014): Prostate Cancer: Diagnosis and Management. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg175 (accessed March 2016)
16. Vickers AJ, Savage CJ, Hruza M, Tuerk I, Koenig P,
Martinez-Pineiro L, et al.
The surgical learning curve for laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet Oncol 2009;10(5):475-80.
17. Vickers AJ, Bianco FJ, Serio AM, Eastham JA, Schrag D, Klein
EA, et al.
The surgical learning curve for prostate cancer control after radical prostatectomy.
J Natl Cancer Inst 2007;99(15):1171-7.
18. UK radical prostatectomy outcomes and surgeon case volume: based on an analysis of the British Association of Urological Surgeons Complex Operations Database
19. JB Anderson, NC Clarke, D Gillatt, P Dasgupta, DE Neal,RS
Advice on the Development of Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy in England - Prostate Cancer Advisory Group
20. Loblaw, DA, Virgo, KS, Nam, R, Somerfield, MR, Ben-Josef, E, et al. for the American Society of Clinical Oncology (2007). Initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive metastatic, recurrent, or progressive prostate cancer: 2006 update of an American Society of Clinical Oncology practice guideline. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 25(12), 1596-605.
21. James et all (2015): Addition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer ( STAMPEDE):survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage,platform randomised controlled trial [online]. Available from www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(15)01037-5.pdf (Accessed January 2016).
Improvement Scotland (2008). Clinical Standards for the Management
of Bowel Cancer [online]. Available from:
(accessed February 2016).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback