Prison to Rehab Protocol
The Prison to Rehab Protocol sets out the process for prison based staff, residential rehabilitation providers and individuals on accessing the Prison to Rehab Pathway. The pathway supports individuals leaving prison who would benefit from accessing abstinence based treatment on release.
Location: Erskine Mains House, Meadows Drive, Erskine, Renfrewshire, PA8 7ED
At Abbeycare Scotland we have approaching twenty years' experience in supporting those struggling with addiction. Our multi-disciplinary team of professionally qualified clinicians, therapists and recovery practitioners contains a high level of recovery lived experience and our team have dedicated their professional and personal skills to facilitating others to achieve abstinence based recovery.
We deliver a service which enables clients experiencing difficulties with substance use and addictive behaviours to heal and recover in a residential recovery community enabling them to build a strong foundation in recovery.
We provide a residential abstinence-based detoxification and rehabilitation service at Erskine Mains House, Renfrewshire. Our service can accommodate up to 34 clients, all in modern individual rooms with ensuite facilities. There are communal lounges and dining areas as well as peaceful gardens and courtyard for contemplation and reflection.
The aim of our service is to provide the client with a positive, vibrant, and safe recovery community environment where clients will have the opportunity to safely receive detoxification and explore, identify, and address the personal issues and changes, they require to make in themselves and their life to enable them to maintain abstinence-based recovery.
Our clinical and therapeutic approach enables clients to explore underlying issues associated with their addiction such as anxiety, depression, trauma, loss, grief, and shame. Clients engage and participate in a variety of ways during their treatment episode; through 1 to 1 sessions (key support & counselling) and groupwork (both therapeutic and psycho-educational). Our integrative evidence-based programme is designed to support clients to develop self-awareness, new insights, understanding and robust coping skills. We additionally offer creative and holistic interventions as well as access to gym and spa facilities to complement our therapeutic programme and strongly advocate for and provide access to mutual aid support for all clients in service.
We facilitate a pre rehab program available to any referral in preparation for admission to best prepare a client for admission. Our outreach service will support clients to prepare for the next stage of their recovery journey prior to discharge through aftercare planning and post discharge aftercare and recovery support groups, activities in the community and through outcome monitoring.
1.2 Admission criteria and process
Core criteria for suitability
- 1. All clients accepted for detoxification and rehabilitation will be over the age of 18 years.
- 2. Clients are accepted presenting with problematic drug & alcohol use. Individual screening processes are carried out to ensure appropriateness of the level of care offered in our service based on the clients' needs.
- 3. All clients will be required to engage in the Abbeycare therapeutic programme.
- 4. All clients will be requested to consent to the terms of the Abbeycare treatment contract at point of admission.
- 5. Clients with diagnosed mental health conditions will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure they are able to engage and benefit from our therapeutic interventions.
- 6. Clients with physical health conditions will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure they are able to engage and benefit from our treatment interventions.
- 7. Clients with mobility restrictions will be assessed on an individual basis to ensure we can provide a safe environment and meet their mobility needs.
- 8. Clients with a history of sexual offences will be assessed on an individual basis.
- 9. Clients with a history of arson are assessed on an individual basis.
1. Clients experiencing multiple, complex physical health conditions that require specialist or continual acute nursing care 24/7, unless external provision can be provided.
2. Clients with a diagnosed eating disorder as a primary need.
Admissions Department Opening Hours 8am – 8pm, 7 days a week. Abbeycare can carry out assessment by video call, telephone or on site at SPS facilities to assess needs, aspirations for recovery and motivation.
Regular calls or visits can be facilitated, to help sustain motivation and prepare for entry direct to Abbeycare on liberation.
The prison health service would require to provide a comprehensive health assessment including drug screening prior to liberation. The prison service would provide an up-to-date risk assessment (including health, self-harm, risk to self or others, risk from others, any license conditions, and any other relevant information).
Pick up direct from SPS facilities with transfer direct to Abbeycare available.
01603 513 091
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback