1. Barter, C.,McCarry, M., Berridge, D. and Evans, K. (2009) Partner exploitation and violence in teenage intimate relationships. NSPCC.
Available from http://www.nspcc.org.uk/globalassets/documents/research-reports/partner-exploitation-violence-teenage-intimate-relationships-report.pdf
2. Bonnell, C., Fletcher, A., and McCambridge, J. (2007) Improving school ethos may reduce substance misuse and teenage pregnancy. British Medical Journal 334(7594): 614-616
3. Bradshaw, P; Schofield, L & Maynard, L (2014) The experiences of mothers aged under 20: Analysis of data from the Growing Up in Scotland study. Edinburgh: The Scottish Government
4. Cameron, S., Glasier, A., Chen, Z., Johnstone, A., Dunlop, C. and Heller, R. (2012), Effect of contraception provided at termination of pregnancy and incidence of subsequent termination of pregnancy. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 1074-1080.
5. Crawford, Cribb & Kelly (2013) Teenage Pregnancy in England. Centre for Analysis of Youth Transitions (CAYT) Impact Study: Report No. 6
6. Currie C, Levin K, Kirby J, Currie D, van der Sluijs W and Inchley J (2011) Health Behaviour in School-aged Children: World Health Organization Collaborative Cross-National Study ( HBSC): findings from the 2010 HBSC survey in Scotland. Child and Adolescent Health Research Unit, The University of Edinburgh.
Available from: http://www.who.int/immunization/hpv/target/young_peoples_health_in_context_who_2011_2012.pdf
7. Currie C, Whitehead R, Van der Sluijs W, Currie D, Rhodes G, Neville F and Inchley J (2015) Health Behaviour in School-aged Children: World Health Organization Collaborative Cross-National Study (HBSC): findings from the 2014 HBSC survey in Scotland. Child and Adolescent Health Research Unit (CAHRU), University of St Andrews.
8. Currie C, Franz M, McEachran J, Whitehead R, van der Sluijs W and the HBSC Scotland Team (2015) HBSC Briefing paper 20: Sexual health of 15 year olds in Scotland 1: ever had intercourse.
9. Currie C, Franz M, McEachran J, Whitehead R, van der Sluijs W and the HBSC Scotland Team (2015) HBSC Briefing paper 21: Sexual health of 15 year olds in Scotland 2: Circumstances of first intercourse.
10. Currie C, Franz M, McEachran J, Whitehead R, van der Sluijs W and the HBSC Scotland Team (2015) HBSC Briefing paper 22: Sexual health of 15 year olds in Scotland 3: Protection at last intercourse intercourse.
11. Department of Health (2008) Teenage Parents: Who Cares? A guide to commissioning and delivering maternity services for young parents - Second edition.
Available from: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130401151715/https:/www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/Childrenandfamilies/Page11/DCSF-00414-2008
12. Department of Health (2010) Teenage Pregnancy Strategy: Beyond 2010.
Available from: https://www.education.gov.uk/consultations/downloadableDocs/4287_Teenage%20pregnancy%20Strategy_aw8.pdf
13. Department of Health (2009) Getting Maternity Services right for pregnant teenagers and young fathers - 2nd edition.
Available from: https://www.rcm.org.uk/news-views-and-analysis/news/getting-maternity-services-right-for-pregnant-teenagers-and-young
14. Education Scotland (2014) National Youth Work Strategy: our ambitions for improving the life chances of young people in Scotland.
Available from: http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/communitylearninganddevelopment/about/policy/youthworkStrategy.asp
15. Education Scotland (2013) Health and wellbeing 3-18 curriculum impact report.
Available from: http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/resources/0to9/318impactreporthwb/report.asp
16. Harden J, Purcell C, Rowa-Dewa N. (2015) Young people's views and knowledge about abortion. Centre for Research on Families and Relationships Briefing 76, Edinburgh
17. Healthcare Improvement Scotland (2011) Improving Sexual Health Services in Scotland. Integration and Innovation: National Overview.
Available from: http://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/our_work/reproductive,_maternal_child/sexual_health/national_overview.aspx
18. Henderson, M. Smith, D. Elliot, L. Nixon, C. Wright, D. Vulnerable young people in alternative education settings: their sexual health needs, experience and use of sex education and sexual health services. Medical Research Council. Occasional paper 21. June 2011.
Available from: http://www.sphsu.mrc.ac.uk/op021.pdf
19. Institute of Health Equality (2010) The Marmot Review: strategic review of health inequalities post 2010. Fair Society Health Live.
Available from: http://www.instituteofhealthequity.org/projects/fair-society-healthy-lives-the-marmot-review
20. Information Services Division (2015) Teenage Pregnancy - Year ending 31st December 2013.
Available from: http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Maternity-and-Births/Teenage-Pregnancy/
21. Information Services Division (2015) Abortion Statistics - Year ending 31 December 2013 [online] (Accessed December 2015)
Available from: http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Sexual-Health/Abortions/
22. Information Services Division (2015) Births in Scottish Hospitals - Year ending 31 March 2015 [online] (Accessed December 2015)
Available from: https://isdscotland.scot.nhs.uk/Health-Topics/Maternity-and-Births/Publications/2015-11-24/2015-11-24-Births-Report.pdf?34420412779
23. Joseph Rowntree Foundation (2002).The youth divide: Diverging paths into adulthood.
Available from: http://www.jrf.org.uk/publications/youth-divide-diverging-paths-adulthood
24. London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (2005) TPSE Teenage Pregnancy Strategy Evaluation Final Report Synthesis.
25. Macdowall, W et al (2015) Associations between source of information about sex and sexual health outcomes in Britain: findings from the third National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles (Natsal-3), BMJ Open;
26. Mental Health Foundation (2013) Young mums together: promoting young mothers' wellbeing.
Available from: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/young-mums-together-report
27. National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (2010) Children and families experiencing domestic violence. Police and children's social services' responses.
Available from: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/globalassets/documents/research-reports/children-families-experiencing-domestic-violence-report.pdf
28. NHS Health Scotland (2013).The importance of young people's health within the life course.
Available from: http://www.healthscotland.com/documents/21401.aspx
29. Parker, I. (2014) Young people, sex and relationships. The new norms. Institute for Public Policy Research
30. Purcell, C., Cameron, S., Caird, L., Flett, G., Laird, G., Melville, C. and McDaid, M. (2014) Access to and Experience of Later Abortion: Accounts from Women in Scotland. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, Vol 46, Issue 2.
31. Ross, J.N, Church, S., Hill, M., Seaman, P and Roberts, T. (2010) The fathers of children born to teenage mothers: a study of processes within changing family formation practices. CHILDREN 1st
Available from: http://www.children1st.org.uk/media/69930/spr-pub-031.pdf
32. Social Exclusion Unit (1999) Teenage Pregnancy, presented to the Parliament by the Prime Minister by command of her Majesty.
Available from: http://dera.ioe.ac.uk/15086/1/teenage-pregnancy.pdf
33. Survivor Scotland (2005) A Survivor-centred strategic approach for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Scottish Executive. September 2005.
Available from: http://www.survivorscotland.org.uk/research-library/item/national-Strategy-document-1/
34. Teuton J, Johnson R, Windsor S. Outcomes framework and supporting evidence for the Pregnancy and Parenthood in Young People Strategy in Scotland. Edinburgh: NHS Health Scotland; 2016.
Available from: www.healthscotland.com/documents/26824.aspx
35. The Scottish Government (2015) Homelessness Data Guidance and Analyses.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Housing-Regeneration/RefTables
36. The Scottish Government (2015) Universal Health Visiting Pathway in Scotland - Pre Birth to Pre School.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/10/9697
37. The Scottish Government (2014) National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland.
Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0045/00450733.pdf
38. The Scottish Government (2012) National Parenting Strategy: Making a positive difference to children and young people through parenting.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2012/10/4789
39. The Scottish Government (2014) Children and Young People (Scotland) Act.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/Young-People/legislation
40. The Scottish Government (2013) Housing Options Protocol for Care Leavers, Guidance for Corporate Parents: Improving housing and accommodation outcomes for Scotland's care leavers
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2013/10/6147
41. The Scottish Government (2012) National Risk Framework to Support the Assessment of Children and Young People.
Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0040/00408604.pdf
42. The Scottish Government (2015) Health Promoting Health Service: Action in Hospital Settings.
Available from: http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/cmo/CMO(2015)19.pdf
43. The Scottish Government (2011) Opportunities for All Supporting all young people to participate in post-16 learning, training or work.
Available from: www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/08/4869
44. The Scottish Government (2014) Equally Safe: Scotland's strategy for preventing and eradicating violence against women and girls.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/06/7483
45. The Scottish Government (2015) The Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework 2015-2020 update.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/09/5740
46. The Scottish Government (2010) Guidance on the Conduct of Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood Education in Scottish Schools.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2014/12/8526
47. The Scottish Government (2010) A Refreshed Framework for Maternity Care in Scotland.
Available from: www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/315880/0100454.pdf
48. The Scottish Government (2010) Family Nurse Partnership Programme.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/Young-People/early-years/parenting-early-learning/family-nurse-partnership
49. The Scottish Government (2010) Getting it right for every child.
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/Young-People/gettingitright
50. The Scottish Government (2007) Scotland Performs
Available from: http://www.gov.scot/About/Performance/scotPerforms
51. UNICEF (2001) A league table of teenage births in rich nations, Innocenti Report Card No.3. UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, Florence.
Available from: http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/repcard3e.pdf
52. Viner RM, Ozer EM, Denny S, Marmot M, Resnick M, Fatusi A, Currie C. (2012) Adolescence and the social determinants of health Lancet 2012; 379: 1641-52
53. Wight D and Fullerton D. A review of interventions with parents to promote the sexual health of their children Journal of Adolescent Health 2013: 52 4-27
54. Young Scot (2015) Co-designing the pregnancy and parenthood in young people strategy.
Available from: http://www.young.scot
Email: Ruth Johnston
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback