This page contains information relating to homelessness statistics in Scotland.
You can find older content in our archive.
Homelessness in Scotland
- Homelessness in Scotland: update to 30 September 2016
- Homelessness in Scotland: 2016-2017
- Homelessness in Scotland: update to 30 September 2017
- Homelessness in Scotland: 2017 to 2018
- Homelessness in Scotland: update to 30 September 2018
- Homelessness in Scotland: 2018 to 2019
- Homelessness in Scotland: 2018 to 2019 – equalities breakdown
- Homelessness in Scotland: update to 30 September 2019
Housing Options (Prevent 1)
- Housing Options (Prevent 1) Statistics: 2018/19
- Housing Options (Prevent 1) Statistics: 2017-18
- Housing Options (Prevent1) Statistics in Scotland: 2016-17
- Housing Options (Prevent 1) Statistics: Update to 30 September 2017
Ad hoc analysis
- Youth homelessness 2018-19: statistics
- Homeless applications from women due to domestic violence or abuse: statistics
- Adults and children assessed as homeless: statistics
- Homelessness statistics: additional analysis by local authority
Homelessness Data Provider information
- HL1 user information
- Households in temporary accommodation (HL2): return form for local authorities
- HL3 Return
- PREVENT1 Return
- Data Protection Impact Assessment and Quality Assurance Statement for HL1, HL3 and PREVENT1 data collections
- Housing statistics: Information for data suppliers
Homelessness statistics user event October 2019
Speakers from the Scottish Government, the Office for National Statistics, National Services Scotland and National Records of Scotland will speak about current homelessness statistics, future developments and how these can be used to shape future policy development.
Homelessness Statistics User Group
The remit of the Homelessness Statistics Users Group is to assess and improve the quality of the homelessness data collected by the Scottish Government.
Information relating to the group can be found here: