Seed potatoes (updated 16 July 2019)
Growing crop tolerances
Class tolerances apply.
Minimum tolerances for seed export apply, except for:
- Gangrene (Phoma foveata): NIL
Import permit: required.
Additional declarations to be included on the reverse of the phytosanitary certificate for seed potatoes
- Potato wart disease (Synchytrium endobioticum) is not known to have occurred on the land used for the production of the seed potatoes.
- Samples of soil from the land in which the potatoes were grown were drawn and tested by the Department prior to planting and revealed no trace of Potato cyst nematodes (Globodera rostochiensis and G. pallida).
- Potato ring rot (Clavibacter michiganensis ssp. sepedonicus), Potato brown rot (Ralstonia solanacearum race 3), Potato spindle tuber viroid, and Tomato spotted wilt tospovirus are not known to occur in Scotland.
- Potato tuber nematode (Ditylenchus destructor) has not been found in commercial potato stocks in Scotland for more than 20 years.
- At the time of visual inspection, the potatoes in this consignment were found to be free from Gangrene (Phoma foveata).
- The consignment is practically free from soil.