Seed potatoes (updated 16 July 2019)
Growing crop tolerances
Class tolerances apply.
Inspector's instructions IR/2006/02 apply. Minimum tolerances for seed export apply, except for:
- Gangrene (Phoma foveata and P. exigua): NIL
- Dry rot (Fusarium solani var. coeruleum): NIL
- Black leg/Soft rot (Pectobacterium spp.): NIL
- Skin spot (Polyscytalum pustulans): NIL
- Spraing (PMTV and TRV): NIL
- PVY NTN: NIL
- Powdery scab (Spongospora subterranea): 0%
- Common scab (Streptomyces scabies): 0%
- Black scurf (hizoctonia solani) : 0%
- Silver scurf (elminthosporium solani): 1.5% of tubers may have up to 5% surface area covered (if treated with imazalil)
- Chemicals: consignments should be treated with imazalil.
- Certificates: a Seed Certificate may be required by the importer.
Procedures upon arrival
The Iranian Plant Health Authority is known to carry out laboratory tests for latent infection by some of the above nil-tolerance pathogens. Consignments found to be infected may be destroyed even if no visible symptoms are present.
Additional declarations to be inserted on the reverse of the Phytosanitary Certificate for Seed Potatoes
- The consignment is prepared in accordance with the Iranian import regulations.
- The consignment was found to be free from Fusarium coeruleum, Thecaphora solani (Angiosorus solani), Phoma foveata, Phoma exigua, Polyscytalum pustulans, Synchytrium endobioticum, Verticillium nubilum, Verticillium tricorpus, Clavibacter michiganensis ssp. sepedonicus, Pectobacterium atrosepticum (Erwinia carotovora spp. atroseptica), Dickeya dianthicola (Erwinia chrysanthemi), Ralstonia solanacearum, Potato purple-top wilt phytoplasma (Aster yellows phytoplasma), Witches' broom phytoplasma, Potato mop top virus, Potato spindle tuber viroid, Potato tuber necrosis (NTN strain of PVY), Tobacco rattle virus, Tomato spotted wilt virus, Potato yellow vein virus, Meloidogyne chitwoodi, Meloidogyne fallax, Globodera rostochiensis, Globodera pallida, Globodera tabacum, Pratylenchus goodeyi, Xiphinema americanum, Phthorimaea operculella and Leptinotarsa decemlineata.
- The place of production (farm) is free from synchytrium endobioticum.
- The consignment was found to be practically free from soil and plant
- particles, Streptomyces scabies, Rhizoctonia solani and Spongospora subterranea. The consignment is free from shrivelled and wrinkled tubers due to silver scurf (Helminthosporium solani).
- The seed potatoes are free from Septoria lycopersici, Didymella bryoniae and Tomato black ring virus, Septoria lycopersici and Didymella bryoniae have never been recorded in potatoes grown in Scotland. Tomato black ring virus is rare in Scotland and was not found in the seed potato crops concerned during official growing crop inspections.
- The levels of PVY, PLRV, PVA, PVX, PVM, and PVS are within EU standards.