6. This PAN draws on the work of the e-Planning Group. The group was formed by the Scottish Executive and planning authorities in 2001. It meets regularly to exchange information on e-planning progress and good practice, resolve common problems and explore software and service options. The group aims to:
- help coordinate the use of new technology in planning service delivery;
- increase the consistency and quality in e-planning service delivery;
- maintain links to related services, such as building standards;
- report to local authority Heads of Planning on e-planning progress; and
- work closely with the Definitive National Addressing ( DNA) Scotland project and its planning services theme.