126. Hospital employers will find it beneficial to collect and analyse prescribing data on nurse independent prescribers alongside the routine monitoring of prescribing by doctors.
127. The route for accessing prescribing data for non-medical prescribers depends on where their prescribing costs are allocated.
128. See also paragraphs 75 and 105 and appendix 7. They detail the monitoring arrangements that employing organisations need to put in place to ensure safe prescribing and administering of medicines.
129. Local policies need to be in place to endorse dispensing and supply activities by nurses, and audit trails must be available (see para 114).
130. Clinical Governance systems will ensure independent prescribing is practised safely and in patients' interests.