Background - Footnotes
1) National Records of Scotland (2011). Population Projections of Scotland (2010-based).
2) Scottish Government (2007). The Government Economic Strategy.
3) Scottish Government (2012). Scotland Performs Population Target.
4) GDP estimates are based on output and are at constant 2007 prices. Seasonally adjusted. GDP estimates are in basic prices, also referred to as Gross Value Added (GVA).
5) Includes wind, wave, solar power, thermal renewables and hydroelectric (natural flow).
6) Pumped storage is not a renewable source of energy because it uses electricity produced by other means to create a store of hydrological power.
7) Scottish Parliament (2009). Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009.
8) The amount of electricity generated minus net exports (but including losses).
Email: Sandy McPhee
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback