2. Seven-day moving averages of cases by specimen date (left-hand axis) and deaths and hospitalisation (right-hand axis). Data for cases and deaths up to 13/11/2021, data for hospital admissions up to 09/11/2021. Source: Public Health Scotland
4. From 11 November 'Dose 3/booster' are combined. Until then, numbers reported were for booster vaccine.
5. Source: Public Health Scotland
8. The 'Blue Zone' is an area beyond the security cordon where only Ministers, accredited government officials, and other accredited officials and organisations can enter.
9. The 'four harms' are the direct harm to health and life caused by the virus, and the indirect effects of both the virus and measures to suppress it on wider health and healthcare systems, society, and the economy.
10. Principally the Coronavirus Act 2020, Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020, Coronavirus (No. 2) (Scotland) Act 2020, Scottish General Election (Coronavirus) Act 2021, Coronavirus (Extension and Expiry) (Scotland) Act 2021, The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel and Operator Liability) (Scotland) Regulations 2021, The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021, and The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Directions by Local Authorities) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, all as amended from time to time.
11. For example, we are currently closely watching developments on the new Variant Under Investigation VUI-21OCT-01, AY.4.2.
12. Coronavirus-fortnightly-tracker-weeks-80-83 - data-tables: October-2021