We are committed to being more transparent about how we spend public money and improving accountability, by publishing information about our procurement activity.
This is in line with our Open Contracting Strategy.
- publish a procurement strategy setting out how we will carrry out our regulated procurements
- produce an annual procurement report containing details of upcoming procurement projects
- use the Public Contracts Scotland website to advertise regulated contracts and publish award notices
- publish annual workplans and progress reports detailing high level milestones and activities mapped against key objectives
- are promoting transparency and greater openness through, for example, the use of procurement strategies and annual procurement reports. This includes publishing links to individual annual procurement reports published by public bodies
We also regularly publish information about what we spend, including:
We produce a public procurement in Scotland workplan which is reported against twice a year.
Public bodies need to publish annual procurement reports that describe how their procurements have complied with national strategies.
Each of Scotland's four procurement Centres of Expertise also publishes an annual report covering their respective sector.
They also produce a collaborative forward plan of procurement opportunities which is updated monthly.
We have produced a factsheet explaining the governance structure of public procurement in Scotland.