Attracting and supporting investors
We are working to attract new investors to Scotland and to support existing investors to develop, grow and continue investing in Scotland far into the future.
By engaging with investors directly, these agencies are able to identify investors' needs and ensure that they are met.
Attracting new investment
Together with SDI we are making Scotland an attractive place to invest by:
- simplifying the incentives available to investors and making them more visible
- using specialist business development resources to grow Scotland's project pipeline
- working with new investors as they develop their market entry strategies
- using our global networks to promote Scotland's strengths and capabilities
- systematically engaging with financial investors to attract global capital to Scotland
Supporting existing investors
By engaging with investors directly, SE, HIE and SDI are able to identify investors' needs and ensure that they are met.
Their work includes matching investors with potential suppliers in Scotland, strengthening supply chain links between foreign and indigenous businesses.
We support investors by ensuring there is a supply of skilled workers for their Scotland-based businesses. We are doing this by working with SDI, Skills Development Scotland, colleges and universities, and by pressing the UK Government for greater flexibility on visas where immigrants could help fill skills gaps.
We have established an Inward Investment Forum to listen to and engage with inward investors.