Quarterly housing update
A summary of activity in new build housing and affordable housing in Scotland.
The most recent Housing Statistics Quarterly Update was published on 14 September 2021 and can be accessed by clicking the link here: https://www.gov.scot/isbn/9781802013092
The Housing Statistics for Scotland Quarterly Update published in September 2021 includes an update on Affordable Housing Supply approvals, starts and completions up to June 2021. In addition it includes an update on all-sector new house building starts and completions to end September 2020 with more recent figures on social sector new builds to end December 2020. The publication also presents annual rates of new housebuilding and affordable housing supply per head of population, including comparisons to other UK countries.
- Housing statistics quarterly update: September 2021
- Housing statistics quarterly update: June 2021
- Housing statistics quarterly update: March 2021
- Housing statistics quarterly update: December 2020
Housing Statistics Annual Key Trends
Statistics on housing stock, new housing supply, local authority stock, and housing management.
Note that on 17th May 2021 a revision was made to the Stock by Tenure 2018 figures to correct the estimate for the number of Housing Association dwellings in the Shetland local authority area, due to an error in the original calculation of these figures.
Further details of these revisions are provided in the revised Stock by Tenure 2018 Excel tables.
Housing statistics 2019: Key Trends Summarya labelling error has also been corrected.
- Housing statistics 2019: key trends summary
- Housing statistics 2018: key trends summary
- Housing statistics 2017: key trends summary
Private Sector Rent statistics
Information on Private Sector Rents across 18 Broad Rental Market areas in Scotland.
These statistics are largely based on market-level advertised new let rents and do not represent changes in rents for existing tenants.
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2021
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2020
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2019
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2018
Social Tenants in Scotland
Overview of social tenants and social rented housing in Scotland including stock, household characteristics, housing Social tenants in Scotland flows, rents and income levels.
Scottish Household Survey - Local Authority Summary Report
A short analysis of key points of interest from the Scottish Household Survey 2018 local authority level tables on housing.
- Scottish Household Survey local authority summary report for housing topics
- Scottish household survey: local authority tables
Housing statistics: datasets
A range of time series and summary tables available to download in Excel format.
- Housing statistics: Stock by tenure
- Housing statistics quarterly update: new housebuilding and affordable housing supply
- Housing statistics: Conversions and demolitions
- Housing statistics: Sales of social sector housing
- Housing statistics: Local authority housing stock
- Housing statistics: Housing for older people and people with disabilities
- Housing statistics: Management of local authority housing
- Housing statistics: Houses in multiple occupation
- Housing statistics: Scheme of Assistance
- Housing statistics: Empty properties and second homes
Housing statistics: Data quality, sources and suitability
- Housing statistics: Data quality, sources and suitability
- Explanation of quarterly housing statistics
Housing statistics across the UK
The Government Statistical Service have developed a tool to browse all housing and planning statistics produced by UK public bodies.
Housing and regeneration outcomes framework: indicator updates
The latest update to the Housing and Regeneration Outcome Indicators was published on Tuesday 16th June 2020. Further information on the update can be accessed through the web link below.
You can find older reports and datatsets via our archive.
Telephone: 0131 244 7229 or 0131 244 7230