Quarterly housing update
A summary of activity in new build housing and affordable housing in Scotland.
- Housing statistics quarterly update: June 2020
- Housing statistics quarterly update: March 2020
- Housing statistics quarterly update: December 2019
- Housing statistics quarterly update: September 2019
- Explanation of quarterly housing statistics
Housing Statistics Annual Key Trends
Statistics on housing stock, new housing supply, local authority stock, and housing management.
- Housing statistics 2019: key trends summary
- Housing statistics 2018: key trends summary
- Housing statistics 2017: key trends summary
Private Sector Rent statistics
Information on Private Sector Rents across 18 Broad Rental Market areas in Scotland.
These statistics are largely based on market-level advertised new let rents and do not represent changes in rents for existing tenants.
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2019
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2018
- Private sector rent statistics: 2010 - 2017
Social Tenants in Scotland
Overview of social tenants and social rented housing in Scotland including stock, household characteristics, housing Social tenants in Scotland flows, rents and income levels.
Scottish Household Survey - Local Authority Summary Report
A short analysis of key points of interest from the Scottish Household Survey 2018 local authority level tables on housing.
- Scottish Household Survey local authority summary report for housing topics
- Scottish household survey - local authority tables
Housing statistics: datasets
A range of time series and summary tables available to download in Excel format.
- Housing statistics: Stock by tenure
- Housing statistics quarterly update: new housebuilding and affordable housing supply
- Housing statistics: Conversions and demolitions
- Housing statistics: Sales of social sector housing
- Housing statistics: Local authority housing stock
- Housing statistics: Housing for older people and people with disabilities
- Housing statistics: Management of local authority housing
- Housing statistics: Houses in multiple occupation
- Housing statistics: Scheme of Assistance
- Housing statistics: Empty properties and second homes
Housing statistics: Data quality, sources and suitability
Housing statistics across the UK
The Government Statistical Service have developed a tool to browse all housing and planning statistics produced by UK public bodies.
Housing and regeneration outcomes framework: indicator updates
The latest update to the Housing and Regeneration Outcome Indicators was published on Tuesday 16th June 2020. Further information on the update can be accessed through the web link below.
You can find older reports and datatsets via our archive.
Telephone: 0131 244 7229 or 0131 244 7230