3. Membership and remit
6. The membership of the group was as follows  :
- Professor Mark Poustie, University of Strathclyde Law School, Convenor
- Detective Chief Superintendent Robbie Allan - Police Scotland 
- Hugh Campbell Adamson - Stracathro Estates
- Hugh Dignon - Scottish Government
- Professor Jeremy Greenwood CBE - Former Director of British Trust for Ornithology
- Sara Shaw - Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service 
Prof. Mark Poustie
The group was supported by Karen Hunter, Scottish Government.
7. The remit of the group was as follows:
"To examine and report on how wildlife crime in Scotland is dealt with by the criminal courts, with particular reference to the range of penalties available and whether these are sufficient for the purposes of deterrence and whether they are commensurate with the damage to ecosystems that may be caused by wildlife crime.
To make recommendations on possible alternative ways of dealing with wildlife crime in the courts."