Current controls on vaping products
26. The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016 (TRPR 2016) brought in a number of requirements including restricting the capacity of tanks to 2ml, the volume of nicotine in containers to 10ml, the strength of nicotine in liquids to no more than 20mg/ml and banning certain ingredients including vitamins, colourings, caffeine and taurine.
27. Packaging must be child-resistant and contain health warnings. All devices and liquids must be notified to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency before they can be sold. In addition, restrictions were introduced around the marketing and promotion of vaping products.
28. The amended “TRPR 2016” regulation bans:
- the advertising of electronic cigarettes in newspapers, magazines or periodicals;
- advertising electronic cigarettes in information society services – such as the internet;
- sponsorship of events;
- product placement on television; and
- advertising electronic cigarettes on on-demand services.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback